Saturday, May 30, 2020

Let's Read a Good Book.....Summer at Firefly Beach


 Summer at Firefly Beach

 Summer at Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale
I wanted to relax and enjoy instead I found this a stressful read.
The story  starts with a big secret,  I find that stressful and I hate that.   The whole "I know better and want to save everyone else  from potential hurt" has been done many times and we have all seen that it never ends well.   This book is also filled with grief. Favorite aunt, beloved wife is dead when the book starts, with a dead girl friend, brothers that have not spoke in 50 years and a divorce thrown in. 
I found characters not developed and a lot more pages spent on snapping pictures and planning furniture than on people.  It seemed people got skipped over for secrets and snapshots.
Even though you know how it will end, pick it up and take it to the beach you will be left with a "feel good" ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment