Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Let's Read a Good Book......Behind The Red Door by Louise Claire Johnson

 

Behind The Red Door 

 

Behind The Red Door by Louise Clair Johnson

 I started the book with no idea  what I would find between the covers but found it captivating from the first page.  To say I  found the story of Elizabeth Arden impressive would be a total understatement,  what she did was totally amazing.  I wonder if as a girl growing up in the 60's, if I had been able to read the Arden story how it might have changed my life's dreams and goals.  
This book is written in a way that allows you to live with Arden, not as a bystander reading about her.  The author, who wove her own modern day story into Arden's was able to bring the era and the cities alive and allow you to live each second along with both Arden and herself.  For me personally, since I had been to  New York, Geneva and Canada where much of the book takes place, this added another level of feeling present.  I would recommend  this book to all females both young and young at heart.

 Thank you, NetGalley and Gatekeeper Press for allowing me to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment