Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Let's Read a Good Book......"The Four Winds" by Kristin Hannah

 

The Four Winds 

I don't know when a book has touched me like " The Four Winds" did.  It is set in a time period I don't usually read and I kept putting off starting it but once I did I didn't want to put it down and at the same time it is so painful I had to come up for air every not and then.   These characters will become a part of you and you will feel like you are living every dust storm, flood and blistering hot day right there with them.   Even though I am a US history buff this book brought to life a time that I think gets skimmed over in history but you will never ever forget it now.   After reading this book you will be grateful for every bit of food, every drink of water and a roof ( no matter how many leaks) over your head.  I believe you will be profoundly different when you close this book.

Thank you to the publisher (St. Martin's Press) and /or author (Kristin Hannah) via NetGalley for allowing me to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment